Friday, January 20, 2012

The Man Cave - Part 5


Lastly, I set out to recover/slipcover the black leather (or is it ple-ther? ya know...fake leather) office chair.  So generic.  Such a typical man-space chair.  



Since I was the one who put that thing together a few years ago, I knew it could be updated with some staples and a bit of sewing. Of course what that really means is I was totally just winging it and hoping for the best.  Good news:  the chair actually turned out better than expected. And even some of my slipcovering mistakes turned out to be happy accidents that worked better in the end.




And since the hubby requested a "guest" chair, I raided the stash of free ones chillin' in my garage. Yep...I just said "chillin'"...since the chairs are literally cold and figuratively hanging out in the garage.  I know... too funny right?!...I should totally have my own comedy tour!   Anyway...a bit more time with the ORB spray paint, some extra fabric stapled over a new seat cushion, and success...chair #2!






And gotta love Zoey for being my little photo-bomber kitty.  She's kinda a spoiled diva.  But I don't mind.  The other day she informed me that her paws were cold and requested some UGG boots.  Not sure if they come in her size though.  I'll have to check on that along with her request for a Tebow jersey.  In the meantime...the little bads are enjoying the newly redesigned man cave.  Drumroll please...The Man Cave - Part 6 - Finale!

No comments: