Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Man Cave - Part 3


Now that the office had a lounge area with a cozy loveseat...it needed a side table.  Where else was I gonna put my glass of wine?!?!  And then I remembered the table that I started building this past summer but never finished 'cause I got stuck on the design.  The "x" table legs were just hanging out in the garage.  Well the measurements were a perfect match for the space my side table would occupy.  And it was half completed already = less time in the cold garage.  Perfect!  I like lazy projects.



Unfortunately it took longer than expected because my tools are divas and don't like the cold.  I still need to replace that broken drill bit.  And buy a nail gun.  Get a heated garage.  Ohhhh...and we're out of eggs too.  Yep...I may just have the strangest shopping list on the planet.





Honestly...I'm still amazed that this table doesn't fall over!  But to my surprise it's quite sturdy.  I gave it a couple of coats of oil-rubbed bronze (ORB) spray paint...'cause I'm all fancy like that...and attached a pine board as the top.  There's absolutely no finish on the top at all.  I kinda like it looking raw and rustic so for now it will remain untouched.





Thankfully...we've had a "warm" winter up here in the good 'ol north pole.  So my spray painting season extended well into November.  Those details are next in The Man Cave - Part 4.

No comments: