Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Man Cave - Part 4


Now that I had all the core pieces set, it was time to try to unify everything.  There was still a hodge-podge of stereotypical man textures competing with each other...black, chrome, glass.  Blah.  Seriously...that décor is the furniture version of a pimped-out chrome muffler...it's like catnip for boys.  I totally don't get it...but then again...I'm not a boy.

So I took to the streets...well, actually just to my backyard...with my new favorite friend:  a can of oil-rubbed bronze (ORB) spray paint.  All the shiney silver surfaces went ORB.  


Then I tried out a can of frosted glass spray paint for the desktop.  The clear glass really seemed to confuse the kitties.  It made no sense that they could walk on a surface they could see through.  But they learned to just trust it.  Then I took the glass out to frost it.  And came back to find really frustrated kitties...jumping up to a glass surface that was no longer there and falling right through to the floor.  If they could talk, I'm sure the little bads would have had a few choice words for me on the subject.










I'm not totally sold on the frosted glass and metal desk look but it works for now.  I'm thinking of building a much cooler desk outta wood and metal plumbing pipes but that's a project for another day.  Maybe when it warms up outside and turning on the heat in the house is no longer required.  Let's see...that should be...ummm...sometime in June?!?!  Oiy!!  Good thing the last of my projects for this is-it-ever-gonna-end makeover were of the indoor variety - more details in The Man Cave - Part 5.

No comments: