Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Coffee Table (Part 4) aka The Bench (Part 1)

Yep.  I totally lied.  I vowed there would not be a coffee table part 4.  But I couldn't leave it alone.  It needed modifications.  And since the makeover happened in the table's new life as a bench...maybe I can call it Bench Part 1 instead.  So then I'm not a liar.  Whew!  Glad I sorted that all out!

Ok...Bench Part 1...
It turns out that the coffee table I build is the perfect height and width to be a bench for my dining table.  Gotta love happy coincidences!  Especially since it wasn't working for me as a coffee table.  But...as a bench...I love it. It just needed a little something extra.  And what's my fix for say ummmm everything....more paint of course!  So while I was waiting on the wall paint to dry in my office, I added a little bling to my bench.  Stripes!

And my bench thanked me since vertical stripes make everything look a bit slimmer.  The bench was feeling kinda pudgy with some slender 1x2's hanging out nearby....

Cheesy wood building humor...man I crack myself up!!!




No comments: