Sunday, March 20, 2011

Wanted: Sleep!

2am and I’m awake. Oh no!…am I one of those people suffering from the dreaded “i” word…shhh…say it quietly insomnia. That word evokes concern like catching the plaque… what’s wrong – are you anxious/stressed – did something bad happen – what’s going on in your mind….blah, blah, blah. Holy moly! If I don’t have insomnia already, those questions might just cause me to have it! Sheeesh!

Insomnia?  Me?  Nope.

I can't label it the "i" word when I wake up after sleeping for 7 hours.  That's right...7 hours!  So 2am happens when I stupidly go to bed at 7pm like a five-year-old.

Now on to what really has me perplexed...the infomercials on tv in the middle of the night.  Every infomercial is some diet or cleaning product that they promise will change my life forever and I just can't live without...ha! ha!  Maybe I'm too simplistic or took too many marketing classes in college...but isn't it obvious what these people should be advertising?! 

Sleep! 

Where are all the infomercials for sleeping pills, lotions, potions, and the like??  If it's sleep related, sell it to all of us watching tv at 2am 'cause I'd pay just about anything to catch a few more zzzzzzzzzz's!