Monday, January 31, 2011

Photo Day 121: Sweeping the house

Photo Day 121:  Sweeping the house.  This weekend….the hubby participated in a bonspiel.  I did not.  

A bonspiel is a curling tournament, traditionally held outdoors on a frozen loch.  Loch is an Irish/Scottish term for a lake.  Curling is a sport in which players slide stones, called rocks, across the ice toward the house, a circular target marked on the ice...blah blah blah….and the path of the rock may be influenced by sweepers with brooms...blah blah blah…with strategy and teamwork choosing the ideal path and placement….blah blah blah…and it’s considered a distant cousin of shuffleboard… 

Rocks being swept by brooms at the house.  Hummm….sounds to me more like a chore than a sport.  And so not my idea of fun.  No worries – I tried curling once – no need to do it again.  Really folks….shuffleboard on ice…think about it. 

However, I was a supportive wife and watched one game.  Well…watched is a bit of a stretch.  It was more like I saw a few glimpses of the game in between drinks and chatting with friends.  But shhhhh…don’t tell the hubby.  He thinks I didn't miss one nail-biting moment!