Friday, November 4, 2011

Got birch?

(Inspiration photo source)
I'm a little obsessed with birch trees.  Probably because I didn't grow up with them.  Palm trees are my normal.  But up here in the good 'ol north pole of Minnesota....birch trees are everywhere!!!  O and I can't even express in words how facinated I am with "christmas trees" growing in people's yards.  Seriously...how cool is that to grow your very own christmas tree!!

Anyway...one day I was driving along and spotted some fallen birch trees.  Of course I absolutely HAD to have them.  Well they ended up living in our garage for 2 years.   Just waiting.  Then this summer I came across an inspiration photo of stacked wood.  Perfect!

Especially since our fireplace doesn't work anyway.  Well...I'm guessing it would work really well one time but then our whole house would be nothing but a pile of ashes, completely burned to the ground, and we'd be homeless.  And that would super suck!  Therefore...there will be no firing up of that massive box o' bricks around here.

Hummmmmm...if I can't use the fireplace...then I should decorate it!

So I put 'ol miter bob to use and started cutting away.  It took foreverrrrrrrrr to cut all the birch pieces and created a huge mess of the garage.   Ughhhhh...more sawdust...more sweeping...more cleaning.  Such a never-ending battle!  But I was really excited to see the finished product all stacked and lovely in our sorry-excuse-for-a-fireplace.  Until I realized that I wasn't going to have enough birch pieces to finish the project.  Not even close.

Perfect.

Another unfinished project added to my list.

No comments: